With the latest release of Windows 11 22H2 update, our Support Team has noticed an increase in reports of Hatch crashing with (EAV) Exception Access Violation or random crashing while using the software.
If you've experienced a random Hatch crash or EAV [Exception Access Violation], please follow the STEPS are as follows
1) If the report is not sent yet, kindly send the report for us to review the logs and investigate further. Here's how - https://help.hatchembroidery.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011424448-How-to-send-a-support-report-from-Hatch-Embroidery-software
2) Check if your Hatch 3 installation is not corrupted. Open the Windows Files Explorer and locate the path C:\Program Files\Wilcom\Hatch Embroidery 3 to see if the folders and files are there [there are 15 folders and about 112 files under BIN Folder]. Run REPAIR to fix any Hatch system files that have been corrupted or missing. FAQ link is here on how to run REPAIR - https://help.hatchembroidery.com/hc/en-us/articles/6036486739727
3) Run the Purge and Recovery utility tool by following the steps here - https://help.hatchembroidery.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011355268-How-do-I-delete-recovery-files-in-Hatch-Embroidery-
4) Run the system file checker. Follow the steps here for Windows 10 and Windows 11- Using System File Checker in Windows - Microsoft Support
5) Use a check disk. Why Check the disk? "CHKDSK (check disk) is a system tool or utility on Windows operating systems that scans your hard drive for file system errors. Running the CHKDSK utility helps check and repair hard drive errors and keeps your system data organized — it’s part of good computer hygiene." - Please see https://help.hatchembroidery.com/hc/en-us/articles/6036633740303for for reference. The tool is available to use on both Windows 10 and Windows 11.
6) Update the HASP Drivers by following the steps here https://help.hatchembroidery.com/hc/en-us/articles/6002225065359-How-to-Re-install-HASP-Driver-in-Hatch-3
7) If the steps above didn't help resolve the HATCH 3 shutting down or crashing, please proceed with STEP # 8
8) If you are not yet running the latest version of Hatch, download and Install the latest Hatch v3.0.5. here https://help.hatchembroidery.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000514796-How-do-I-re-download-my-Hatch-Embroidery-software-
9) Once the installation is complete, close HATCH 3.
10) On your Windows desktop, please locate the Hach 3 desktop Icon.
Right-click the Hatch 3 > Select "Run as Administrator"
This will then load Hatch 3. Please let me know if there's another Exception Access Violation that appears and if none, please continue using Hatch 3
11) If Hatch 3 is stable during the day of using it, please close Hatch 3. Then follow the steps here https://help.hatchembroidery.com/hc/en-us/articles/6036586455695 to permanently run HATCH 3 with admin rights.