Important End of Life Announcement for Hatch Embroidery 1
Wilcom International is announcing the end of life for its Hatch Embroidery version 1 as is not supported by the Windows 11 operating system.
Hatch Embroidery 2 was released in October 2018, and in keeping with Wilcom’s product end-of-life policy, the continued maintenance and support for version 1 will cease on 15th December 2021.
Wilcom’s software is built on technology that supports the operating system of its time. As a result, older versions of Hatch Embroidery may not continue to operate as effectively on newer systems and Wilcom cannot continue to manage and offer support for them.
What Does This Mean For Existing Hatch Embroidery 1 users?
Aside from any Windows 11 related issues, the Wilcom support team will no longer offer assistance on the Hatch Embroidery 1 software. Any issues that arise will need to be self-managed by using our FAQs, community or other users on social media.
We strongly recommend updating to Hatch Embroidery 2 for on-going free support and to ensure that the software remains compatible with any operating system updates.
In order to update, sign into your account on this website. You can then look at the available product levels and choose to either update to a new version of your level or to a higher level.
NOTE: If you do not have an account on the new website, complete the registration with your existing email address and it will prompt you to migrate your old account which only takes a moment.
Click here for a step-by-step guide to migrating your account
Not sure which version you have?
- Open the Windows “Start menu” and look at the installed apps. It will show a 1 or 2.
- Your desktop icon will also show a 1 or 2.
- You can also lookup the version in the About section within Hatch Embroidery.
What do you need to do?
- Firstly, if you already have version 2.1D R4 7 Jul 2021 or later, there is nothing you need to do. Congratulations!
- Wilcom recommends that all users on version 1 or older version 2 update to the latest Hatch Embroidery 2.
- Updates may not be free, but it is amazing value! There is an incredible number of new features and enhancements in version 2 that you will wonder why you hadn’t updated earlier.
- Why update? You will want to read this - https://hatchembroidery.com/why-update-to-hatch-embroidery-digitizer-2/
- To update, visit www.hatchembroidery.com and sign into your account.
If you do not have an account, it will prompt you to migrate your old account which only takes a moment. Click here for a step-by-step guide to migrating your account
- Once you are signed in, visit https://hatchembroidery.com/embroidery-software/ and it will show you the available update options.
Hatch Embroidery 1 FlexPay account warning
- Any canceled/expired Hatch Embroidery 1 FlexPay contracts will be permanently shut down.
- Hatch Embroidery version 1 licenses which have an unpaid balance on a FlexPay contract will be PERMANENTLY CANCELED on 15th December 2021 unless paid off in full BEFORE THAT DATE.
- If a monthly payment fails during this period, you will be unable to restart it and will need to start a new FlexPay contract for Hatch Embroidery 2.
- Visit our Help and Support portal at https://help.hatchembroidery.com