Why do I have to be on the internet at least every 60 days?
There are several reasons and benefits to how the Hatch security works. Below I will explain and answer a few of your questions.
First, let me remind you, that your license is for one user. Your license allows it to be installed on up to 3 computers at the same time. However, we recommend only two and reserve one for backup.
There is really only one simple reason:
Security of your license and to manage your 3 activations
Do I have to be connected to the internet to use the software?
You must be connected for the initial installation and activation of the license on the computer.
You must be connected at least once during a 60 day period when starting the Hatch software. Each time you sign in to the software while connected to the internet your 60 day period starts over. So many of you may never be asked to sign in because most people using digital products are connected to the internet at least once every 60 days when using the software.
What happens if I do not connect to the internet within the 60 day period?
The next time you try to use the software, it will ask you to sign in while connected to the internet.
Why? Because if the license is not active for 60 days (online) it goes back to your cloud account so you can use it again.
What happens if I do not use my software for 60 days even though my computer was connected to the internet?
It will ask you to sign in again while connected to the internet.
Why do I have to connect to the internet every 60 days?
- To check for any required updates
- If you lost your computer or it was stolen, then you would not lose that license because if the software is not used within 60 days online, the license is moved back to the cloud and available to be used again.
- If you have a computer crash, then after 60 days your license is moved back to the cloud and available to be used again. This is why we recommend only activate the license on 2 computers at a time and save one for a backup.
- If the license is not active for 60 days, it will go back to your cloud account and become available for you to use again.
My other software does not require me to connect to the internet.
- Your other software may have a physical dongle, which then can only be used on one computer at a time.
- Other software may have a product key that you have to keep up with and go through the hassle to uninstall and move to another computer.
- Other software may only allow being used on 1 computer at a time.
What happens if my computer crashes?
You have 3 license activations. We recommend you keep one for an emergency backup in case you have a computer crash. You can then use the other activation. After 60 days, the license that was crashed will be reactivated in your cloud account to be used again. If you are practicing the 2 activations and 1 backup recommendation, you can be back up and running within a few minutes.
Can my license be reset?
You can contact support to submit a request. However, it is a manual process and can take a few days depending on how busy we are. If this is a weekend or holiday and the support is closed, it may take longer. This is why we give you 3 license activations and recommend you keep on for emergency backup. You can easily release the license from one computer and use it on another since the license is actually only for 1 user.
Please note: the software is for 1 user. If you are using the software for 2-3 different people on different computers and have used all the activations, then have a problem, this is not an emergency. You can contact support to reset your license, but customers with software support needs will have first priority. We have given you 3 activations for 1 user with an easy way to move from one computer to another.
How do I move my license from one computer to another:
While connected to the internet >Run the software > Click File Menu > Sign out and release license.